People / HE Khadem Abdulla Al Qubaisi
HE Khadem Abdulla Al QubaisiChairman of Aabar Properties
As the Chairman of Aabar Properties LLC, His Excellency Khadem Abdulla Al Qubaisi is the guiding force behind the company's vision and policies. Bearing the reputation of a charismatic and visionary leader and with a rich experience of leading large corporations, His Excellency is tasked with driving Aabar PropertiesвЂ™ future plans and growth strategies.
A Bachelor in Economics, he served from 1994 to 1999 as a Senior Financial Analyst with North America Equities Department, Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) and from 2000 to 2007 as the Investment Management Division Manager with International Petroleum Investment Company (IPIC), Abu Dhabi.
His Excellency Khadem Abdulla Al Qubaisi is presently representing IPIC as:
Within Abu Dhabi, Al Qubaisi is presently the:
- Chairman of NOVA Chemicals, the North American plastics and chemicals group.
- Chairman of CompaГ±Гa EspaГ±ola de PetrГіleos (CEPSA), the Spanish integrated oil and petrochemical company.
- Chairman of Borealis AG, in which IPIC owns a controlling 64% interest. Borealis owns a 40% stake in Borouge, an Abu Dhabi petrochemicals joint venture, in partnership with ADNOC.
Within the Gulf region, Al Qubaisi chairs BahrainвЂ™s First Energy Bank.
- Chairman of Aabar Investments PJS, the multinational investment company and subsidiary of IPIC. Aabar, under the chairmanship of Mr. Al Qubaisi, has made a number of high profile acquisitions in recent years, including stakes in Daimler AG, Tesla Motors, Xojet, Virgin Galactic and Mercedes GP.
- Chairman of Aabar Properties, a subsidiary of Aabar Investments.
- Board Member of ChemaWEyaat, Abu DhabiвЂ™s chemical company.
- Board Member of Emirates Investment Authority.