|Shearman & Sterling LLP|
Suite 1302, Butti Al Otaiba Bldg, Khalifa Street
, Abu Dhabi, UAE
About Shearman & Sterling
Shearman & Sterling has been advising many of the world's leading corporations and financial institutions, governments and governmental organizations for more than 135 years. Shearman & Sterling is committed to providing legal advice that is insightful and valuable to their clients. This has resulted in groundbreaking transactions in all major regions of the world, including:
Shearman & Sterling has also advised on some of the world's most notable transactions and matters, representing: the Yukos shareholders in their $100 billion compensation claim against Russia; Cadbury in its $19.4 billion acquisition by Kraft; Panama Canal Authority in its $5.7 billion canal refinancing plan; IntercontinentalExchange in its acquisition of The Clearing Corporation and formation of a credit default swap clearinghouse; The Dow Chemical Company in its acquisition of Rohm & Haas and sale of Morton International and its calcium chloride and Styron businesses; Suncor Energy in its $15.8 billion merger with Petro-Canada; Brazilian conglomerate JBS in its acquisition of US poultry company PilgrimвЂ™s Pride through a bankruptcy proceeding; Societe Generale in combination of its asset management operations with Credit AgricoleвЂ™s; and Sterlite in its $500 Million Convertible Bond Offering in India.
- Asia: In Beijing, Shearman & Sterling advised on the first successful transaction done under new Chinese M&A rules and, more recently, played a key role in the US$ 2.4 billion initial public offering of Metallurgical Corporation of China Ltd, one of Hong KongвЂ™s largest IPOs of 2009, and in Shiseido's acquisition of US cosmetics company Bare Escentuals.
- The Middle East: Shearman & Sterling participated in the first power project in the Middle East that included financing from Islamic banks and also in the largest oil and gas Islamic financing and, most recently, represented the project sponsor and project company of a major refinery just outside of Cairo, Egypt.
- Europe: Shearman & Sterling participated in the first US listing of a German companyвЂ”Daimler Benz AGвЂ”on the New York Stock Exchange and remain front and center in transactions involving automobile manufacturers in Germany and with a broad range of companies across the continent.
- Latin America: Shearman & Sterling represented the first Brazilian company to register an IPO with the US Securities and Exchange Commission and, today, have played a lead role in many of the country's most significant IPOs to date, including Santander and VisaNet.
- North America: Shearman & Sterling advised on the creation of the dual class stock when Ford Motor Company went public more than 50 years ago and today remain the company's underwriters' counsel, advising on Ford's debt and equity offerings and restructuring during Ford's continued turnaround.
Together, Shearman & Sterling lawyers work across practices and jurisdictions to provide the highest quality legal services, bringing their collective experience to bear on the issues that clients face.