|Abu Dhabi Motors|
Umm Al Nar, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Abu Dhabi Motors is the exclusive importer for BMW, MINI, BMW ALPINA and the authorized Rolls-Royce Motor Cars dealer in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain. The company was founded on 25th May 1985 by Sheikh Mohammed Bin Butti Al Hamid in Umm Al-Nar in a small showroom and workshop employing 24 people. Growth was steady for the first 10 years but with the onset of the millennium, the company changed its strategy and focus.
This change brought about dramatic growth and today, Abu Dhabi Motors employs more than 420 people. The company now boasts fourteen facilities within the emirates; five showrooms, three workshops, three bodyshops, one Pre-Delivery Inspection centre and two car storage warehouses that are capable of accommodating 600 BMW, MINI and Rolls-Royce vehicles between them.
Abu Dhabi Motors is the importer which offers the highest options in its cars in the Middle East and particular emphasis is given to the BMW Individual programme which allows customers to select unique colours, luxury interior trim combinations and accessories for their BMW vehicle. In addition, high performance derivatives from the BMW range are available to customers.
In 2001, Abu Dhabi Motors secured the MINI franchise, which offers unrivalled driving characteristics and individuality, without compromising on safety. These superb cars embodying fun characteristics, have exceeded sales expectations in the region and worldwide. In 2004, the 200bhp MINI Cooper S Works was launched and in 2005 the much awaited sporty MINI 'Cabriolet'. More recently in 2008 the latest addition to the MINI family was unveiled; the MINI Clubman, and in 2011 the first 4x4 MINI, the Countryman, was launched. On 23rd February 2011, the all new MINI showroom in Umm Al Nar was opened and in 2012 the official launch of the new MINI Coupe and Roadster.
In 2003 the Rolls-Royce franchise was secured to cater for the needs of the UAE's most discerning buyers in the upper-luxury segment. The car is a stunning masterpiece of engineering excellence and drives as impressively as it looks. Many of the exterior, trim and luxury options are bespoke. In fact, for several years and including 2010, Abu Dhabi Motors was the highest and richest Rolls-Royce Bespoke dealer in the world. In 2008, Abu Dhabi Motors sold the most Rolls-Royce cars in the world and in 2010 was the top-selling Rolls-Royce dealer in the Middle East. In addition, Abu Dhabi Motors was awarded the best Rolls-Royce After Sales dealer in the world in 2010. Abu Dhabi Motors opened its new Rolls-Royce showroom in Umm Al Nar on 27th March 2011, the largest Rolls-Royce showroom in the world. The grand opening was a glittering event, attended by the press and the elite of Abu Dhabi society. Also in 2011, Abu Dhabi Motors was named the Top Bespoke Rolls-Royce Ghost Dealer in the world, Regional Dealer of the Year 2011, was awarded Highest Sales Growth for Phantom Family, had the Highest Bespoke Revenue in the Middle East, as well as the Best Parts and Accessories Performance.
Abu Dhabi Motors also secured the rights to sell BMW ALPINA cars and was the first importer appointed in the Middle East. In 2007 Abu Dhabi Motors also became the sole distributor of AC Schnitzer BMW and MINI vehicles in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain. Abu Dhabi Motors is the highest seller of BMW ALPINA and AC Schnitzer cars in the Middle East.
To sum up our 2011 performance, a record year in the companyâ€™s 25 year history, sales achievements were as follows:
2011 performance can be summarised as follows:
- Abu Dhabi Motors is the leading BMW Group importer in the Middle East for the second consecutive year and increased this lead further in 2012.
- Sold 4240 cars in 2011, a growth of 21% over 2010 sales.
- In 2011, we were also named among the worldâ€™s top three BMW dealers and Importers for the year 2010 at the BMW Groupâ€™s Excellence in Sales Award Ceremony.
- Top-selling models in 2011 were:
- BMW 5 Series: 939 units.
- BMW 7 Series: 749 units.
- BMW X5: 932 units.
- BMW X6: 1171 units.
- Abu Dhabi Motors was also the 2nd biggest seller of BMW Premium Selection in the Middle East, the BMW Groupâ€™s approved used-car programme, recording total sales of 445 vehicles, an increase of 54.1% over 2010.
- We were the top-selling BMW Motorrad importer in the Middle East in 2011, selling 71 motorcycles, an increase of 10% over 2010.
- Sold the most BMW M cars (86 units) in the Middle East for the second consecutive year.
- Was the BMW Importer with the highest BMW percentage segment share in the Middle East, with a share of 62.7%.
- Was named the top-selling BMW Parts Dealer in the Middle East.
In the first quarter of 2012, Abu Dhabi Motors:
- Is still the leading BMW importer in the Middle East, with a growth of 43% over the same period in 2011, selling 1502 new BMW cars.
- Top-selling models year to date are:
- BMW X5, with sales of 790 cars.
- BMW X6, with sales of 342 cars.
- BMW 7 Series, with sales of 94 cars.
- BMW 5 Series, with sales of 142 cars.
- Achieved sales of 50 BMW M cars.
- Has achieved a 23% increase in BMW Premium Selection sales compared with the first quarter of 2011.
- We sold 196 cars, a growth of 63% over 2010 sales.
- Our segment share of MINI as of end of 2011: 22.6%.
- We placed second best-selling MINI importer in the Middle East.
In the first quarter of 2012:
- ADM sold 81 cars, a growth of 26.6% over 2011.
- Our segment share of MINI: 20.3%.
In 2011, Abu Dhabi Motors achieved the following in Multi-brand CSI:
- First place in â€˜Service Loyaltyâ€™ with 71.9%.
- Second place in â€˜Service Performanceâ€™ with 85.2% and second place in â€˜Overall Satisfaction with Serviceâ€™ with 80.2%.
- First place in â€˜Sales Performanceâ€™ (94.1%) and first place in â€˜Overall Satisfaction in Salesâ€™ (93.1%) and second place in â€˜Sales Loyaltyâ€™ (84.5%).
- 1st place in the Multi-brand Competitive CSI, both in Sales (94.8%) and Service (77.5%).